Francisco Castro, Ph.D.
Francisco is counsel in Arent Fox's Intellectual Property group. His practice is focused on patent prosecution in telecommunications, semiconductors, nanotechnology, electronics systems, imaging, photonics, software, and medical devices.
* Francisco is not admitted to the Bar in the District of Columbia. He is admitted in Virginia and before the US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO). His practice limited to matters before the USPTO.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Francisco served as counsel and as associate at general practice firms. He was also associate and partner at an IP boutique and associate at a large international firm.
Prior to his legal career, Francisco was a research engineer for Motorola and Lucent Technologies.
Francisco is an active member of the following professional groups:
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Publications, Presentations, and Recognitions
Francisco's recent publications include:
- "The Blurring of Biotechnology and Semiconductor Technology," (interview), Electronics Products, July 2012
- "The Blurring Line Between Semi and Bio," IP Law360, May 2012
- "Is It Semi or Is It Bio?" Nanotechnology Now, May 2012
- "The America Invents Act and Nanotechnology," Nanotechnology Law & Business, 2012
- "An Overview of USPTO's Class 977 — Nanotechnology in 2010," Nanotechnology Law & Business, 2011
Francisco's recent presentations include:
- "Intellectual Property Aspects of the Nanoinformatics 2020 Roadmap," Nanoinformatics 2011 Conference, Arlington, Virginia
Blog Posts by Francisco Castro, Ph.D.
ABOUT ARENT FOX LLP
Arent Fox LLP, founded in 1942, is internationally recognized in core practice areas where business and government intersect. With more than 350 lawyers, the firm provides strategic legal counsel and multidisciplinary solutions to clients that range from Fortune 500 corporations to trade associations. The firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC.